Saturday, June 29, 2013

Conversations with my husband

I sorta have the most amazing husband ever.  I know, I know.  You've heard that line before.  

For real, though.

Not only is he a dad that puts my own meager parenting skills to shame, he spoils me to an embarrassing degree.

Even while the house is pretty much carpeted with children's toys, the last action my oven saw was frozen pizza, and I've declared the "The-Kids-Went-Swimming-Today-So-That-Means-They-Don't-Really-Need-Baths" argument totally valid.

Lord knows why the man not only puts up with me, but by all appearances seems to love doing so--I'm not arguing, though.

He's not only been humoring my new-found hobby/business venture, but he's been very encouraging in it.

Hence, the following conversation:

Him, presenting me with the means and permission to obtain a gizmo I would likely never have gotten myself:

"Just get it.  It makes you happy, so get it.  Here."

Me: "Really?  You're sure?  I mean, really?"

Him: "Yep.  Really."

Me:..."Can we just pretend that I was all altruistic, and turned you down in a graceful display of self-sacrifice, and then you insisted, and I demurred, and then you insisted again until I gave in and finally agreed?  Because that's what's happening in my head right now--but we both know how this is going to end, right?"

Him: "Yep."

Me: "I love you."

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment